Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.misc
Ed Ed is offline

Default day of year/week of year script

Here is what I am trying to do. I am looking a way to display on the
desktop, possibly as an embeded webpage, the day of the year and the week of
the year and be able to refresh it without opening a document. For example
May 23, 2005 would be 143(day of year) and 21(week of the year). I have
found formulas for Excel to calculate the values from the computer's calendar
but I have to open the Excel file to have the information refresh. I have
also found a VB script for the current date but I am unable to get the Excel
formula to recognize the information and post the information. Does anyone
have any ideas?? The Excel formula's are :
=TEXT((A2-DATEVALUE("1/1/"&TEXT(A2,"yy"))+1),"000")
and
=TRUNC(((A2-DATE(YEAR(A2),1,0))+6)/7)
A2 is where I have the current day displaying.