Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] pierrelap@gmail.com is offline

Default Batch file to start multiple excel files with auto_open() macro. Delay code needed

Hello,

I have multiple excel files I wish to open in sequence. They all have
auto_open() macros so they update, save and close. My problem is that
when I put them in a batch file, all my excel files open at the same
time.

Any idea?

P.S.1 Calling different batch files from a main batch does not work.
The only thing the underlying batch has to do is start excel and when
it does, its job is done and the main batch goes on to the next
command.

P.S.2 I thought about delaying the second job with
PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 60000 NUL
but I'd have to know how long each of my files takes to update