Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Working application - Now generates error

It looks like it's having trouble starting MSIE.

Maybe you can catch the error and display a message instead.

Option Explicit
Sub testm()

Dim ie As Object

Set ie = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
On Error GoTo 0

If ie Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "IE Could not be started"
Exit Sub '???
End If

ie.Visible = True 'for testing

End Sub

But that doesn't help find the reason MSIE couldn't be started. I don't have a
guess for that -- as long as MSIE is still installed on that pc(???).

If you don't get a better answer here, you may want to try one of the MSIE
newsgroups.

Madiya wrote:

I had an working macro application which integrates our intranet data
into excel sheet by using internet explorer. It was working fine till 3
days back but now generates error as below.

Runtime error'-2147024894 (80070002)':
Automation error
The system can not find the file specified.
The buttons are End, Debug, Help.

This happens on the very first statement which is below.
Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

Macro do not refers to any file atall. It creates a new workbook with a
new sheet. But thats after getting the data from intranet.

I dont understand why it breaks after running successfully from last
6months(may be more then that)

Any help is appreciated.

Dave Peterson