Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
al al is offline

Default Use MS Query in VBA to only get a SQL statement

The optimal place to get your SQL statements is from MS Access as Access will
allow you to have a where condition on a field not included in the Select
statement. After creating your Query using the Access GUI, you can switch to
SQL view and simply copy and paste the query into your Excel VBA module.

"RB Smissaert" wrote:

I wonder if this were possible:
Use MS Query to construct a SQL statement and use the statement in VBA code
(ADO, ODBC connecting to Interbase), but don't let it run the statement.
So just use the MS Query as a SQL wizard, incorporated in VBA code.
Doing this would save a lot of coding to get a similar wizard, although it
shouldn't be too difficult either.
One drawback I can see is that MS Query won't let you do a WHERE condition
on a field that is not in the SELECT
clause. The good thing though is that it will automatically add any joins,
although I am not sure how it will handle
joins that are not inner joins.
Hope this explains it clear enough and thanks for any advice.

RBS