Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati Vasant Nanavati is offline

Default Having trouble getting sort to work in a macro

Perhaps you want to change x1Ascending and x1Descending to xlAscending and
xlDescending. (the letter "l"; not the number "1").

Using Option Explicit would help to avoid these problems in the first place!
:-)

--

Vasant

"Mark" wrote in message
I'm trying to get a sort statement to work within a macro and having very
little success.

here'a a code snippet:

Worksheets("TempLstData").Select

Range("A1:AX256").Sort Key1:=Range("p2"), Order1:=x1Ascending,
Key2:=Range("al2") _
, Order2:=x1Descending, Header:=xlGuess, OrderCustom:=1,
MatchCase:=True _
, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, DataOption1:=xlSortNormal,
DataOption2:=xlSortNormal

I got this code from funning the macro recorder... I have a small test
worksheet on which this bit of code seems to work, but when I try to run

it
within the actual workbook I get the following (very helpful?) error

message:

Run-time error '1004'
Sort method of Range class failed.

When I click on the debug link I see the entire sort statement highlited.
The help link takes me to a very non-specific error message about a Macro
error.

ANy help or insights will be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to get this
sort capability added to a worksheet that is due in the morning.

Mark