Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jonathan Jonathan is offline

Default Trim Data in a Query

The database is storing Stock Take inormation, I am pulling data from the
previous days stock take to inport into our main Fox Pro db. Becuase of the
way Fox Pro needs the data I need to remove the "time" eliment from the
Access db data so that I can import into Fox Pro.

I want to have a parameter where I just input the required date, however
becuase the access db field contains both date & time data I can't -
therefore I want to have this element (i.e. time) part of the date/time field
not included in the query.

I have settle for cell formatting in Excel but this still doesn't get me
part having to go into Query to query the required date.

Jonathan

"David" wrote:

Hi,
What are you doing with the data? Are you writing it somewhere? You say you
are editing it each time, where are you doing this?

Thanks,

"Jonathan" wrote:

I am querying an Access database form excel, however one of the fields in the
db contains both date and time elments - I want to know if there is a way to
trim out the time portion of the field in query so that I only have to
referesh rather than edit all the time.

Tia

Jonathan