Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vasant Nanavati Vasant Nanavati is offline

Default VBA codes for macro to continue

Perhaps you could split the macro into two, and run the second part on the
button click. I honestly don't remember much about the old macros any more
.... the memory is going ;-).

"Brian" wrote in message
Hi Vasant/Mark

I'm trying to use an older Excel (.xlm) macro program which works fine

with
MS Office 2003 Excel, except after the point where the program pauses to
accept user inputs (like name, date, etc.). To continue, the user then
activates the continue button to enable the program to complete its
execution. This button now doesn't work as the current version of Excel
doesn't understand it. Can you outline for me the new command code(s) to
assign this button to, or another way around it other than the long way as
suggested below? Thanks.

Brian

One suggestion:
Add this line to the program after "=Pause()":
=Activate("XYZ.xls") (replace XYZ with the worksheet name)
Then execute, ToolsMacroMacros....Run (from that line)

"Brian" wrote in message
Am not a programmer. I would like to create a button so that the running
macro will continue after a pause. Can someone help me with just that

few
lines of codes.

TIA
Brian