Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default RGB value of cell interior

Peter,

what Brother Lee and I find unexpected....

is that it will give the standard (uncustomized)
colorRGB (at least it does in xl2002 & xl2003)
see original question.

You are correct it should handle 'uncolored' cells:

Select Case ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex
Case 1 To 56
Mycmd.BackColor = _
ActiveWorkbook.Colors(ActiveCell.Interior.ColorInd ex)
Case Else
Mycmd.BackColor = vbWindowBackground
End Select

--
keepITcool

Peter T wrote :

Hi KeepITcool

What's strange and unexpected, Brotha lee's code works fine for me in
XL2K

However your workaround fails if the cell is not colour formatted -

Range("a2").Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
x = ActiveWorkbook.Colors(Range("a2").Interior.ColorIn dex) ' fails
x = Range("B2").Interior.Color ' works

Regards,
Peter T

"keepITcool" wrote in message
ft.com...

yes...
strange and unexpected :(
but easily solved with :)

Mycmd.BackColor =
ActiveWorkbook.Colors(Range("a2").Interior.ColorIn dex)

--
keepITcool
www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam

Brotha lee wrote :

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
myheight = 12
mytop = 70
mywidth = 12
myleft = 12
Set Mycmd = Controls.Add("Forms.CommandButton.1", "Test")
Mycmd.Left = myleft
Mycmd.Top = mytop
Mycmd.Width = mywidth
Mycmd.Height = myheight
Range("a2").Select
Mycmd.BackColor = Range("a2").Interior.Color

End Sub

"keepITcool" schreef:

show me your code

--
keepITcool
www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam

Brotha lee wrote :

Thanks this works!

However I use a userform and not an embedded form. I have
copied the code in the initilize event, however then it does
not work. Only on a click event it works.

Do you know why?

"keepITcool" schreef:

s/b simple assuming you are
using an embedded forms commandbutton:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
With CommandButton1
.BackColor = .TopLeftCell.Interior.Color
End With

keepITcool
www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam

Brotha lee wrote :

Can anybody help me out.

I have a sheet filled with colors. Some of these colors
are not preset color palette colors, but user defined.
Now I want to change certain buttons on a form I have
created to have the background color of a cell. I tried
the colorindex and color property, however none of these
give the desired result for the user defined colors.

Therefore I would like to have the RGB code for these
colors. Is this possible or is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance