Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_3_] Jim Thomlinson[_3_] is offline

Default removing (All) from Pivot Table

Pivot Tables are OLAP Cubes. The Cubes pre aggregate the data so that when
you want to retrieve members it is extremely quick. The all feature just grab
the entire dimension of the cube. So it is not really a filter. Think of the
data items as having co-ordinates in the cube. All grabs the aggregate of all
of the members of the dimension in question. Since the numbers are
pre-aggregated there is really no way to omit the all. It exists in the cube.
Not that this explanation help you but it should give you some insight into
why it does what it does.

Jim Thomlinson

"Tim" wrote:

Is this because the All section is used to contain the data and it just
performs a 'filter' on that data? I used the work around, just thought it
would be better to remove the item if it doesn't provide accurate information.

Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it!
Tim

"Tim" wrote:

I'm looking to remove the (All) section from under the page area in a pivot
table. I cant find code nor a way to remove this option.

Thanks,
Tim