Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
R Avery[_2_] R Avery[_2_] is offline

Default Excel forgets Custom VBA Function (#Name error)

I have an addin which contains many custom functions. These functions
work perfectly most of the time, but often whenever i open a workbook
which calls these functions, there are #Name errors rather than values.

The functions are well-behaved... they are not VOLATILE and only return
values that they retrieve from a database (using ADO recordsets).

This is an annoyance because Excel seems to forget all or most of the
functions, and F9 will not make Excel remember. I have to manually go
to a cell containing the formula and re-enter it. If i do that, the
#Name error for that cell goes away, and an F9 fixes the rest of the
cells that call that function. However, i have to do this for every
single custom function i call, so i end up repeating the above for 25
functions each time i open the spreadsheet and sometimes at random
other times. It's almost as though re-entering a custom function
manually makes Excel remember that that function exists... but i need a
way for Excel to remember all of them at once, or never forget them to
begin with.

The issue has nothing to do with compiling the addin, since I haven't
changed it in months.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Does anyone know how to solve it?