ScottO

You may have moved on from this one, but in case it's still eating at your
brain ...
I think it failed because the second argument in =MATCH(0,0,0) is looking
for an array, not a single value.
To test I entered just =MATCH(0,0,0) in a cell and it returned #NA, but then
I entered =MATCH(0,{0},0) in another cell (I manually typed the {}) and it
returned 1.
HTH
Rgds,
ScottO

"Biff" wrote in message
| Found a work around but would still like to know why this didn't work!
|
| I put a blank, ="" , into cell A1 of the named range List. So the actual
| numeric entries will now have to start in cell A2.
|
| Also, since "" is a text value changed the named range formula using
COUNTA