Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
PC[_3_] PC[_3_] is offline

Default Using VB to to create named ranges

Hi,

This is a two part question that may have one answer.

1. I'm using the following code to create a named range of **everything** on
a worksheet:

Sub CreateRangeName()

Dim first_row As Integer
Dim first_col As Integer
Dim num_rows As Integer
Dim num_cols As Integer
Dim rng As String

With ActiveSheet
first_row = .UsedRange.Row
first_col = .UsedRange.Column
num_rows = .UsedRange.Rows.Count
num_cols = .UsedRange.Columns.Count
End With

rng = "R" & first_row & "C" & first_col & ":R" & num_rows & "C" & num_cols

ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="RangeName", RefersToR1C1:="=" & rng

End Sub

This works fine on a worksheet where I want to select everything but there
maybe occasion where I want to **leave out a section** from the range. Is
there a better way I could code this so I can be more specific about the
range I want to name but without hardcoding cell addresses.

Thanks