Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
George Andrews George Andrews is offline

Default Input Message macro

Excel 2000

Dear all

I guess my last post was too extensive and explained well enough.

I came across this code as a solutions to somebody else's problem.

If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then
'
' Code to determine or select message text goes here
'
Message = "This is the message text"
Target.Validation.InputMessage = Message

How can I adjust this macro so that the Input message shows the result of a
vlookup formula based on the first three digits of the Active.Cell. The
worsheet formula I have used for the vlookup part is :

=VLOOKUP(INDIRECT(CELL("address")),testrange,2,FAL SE)

Regards

George