Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Simpson Jim Simpson is offline

Default Problem with an equation.

I'm using a macro to build an equation where "x" is an unknown. When
finished calculations will be performed and "x" will be assigned values.

The right side of the equation is a series. The first time throught the
progaam it builts the first element of the series like so:

q = s * exp(t*x)

The next time through it adds another element like so:

q = s * exp(t*x) + s * exp(t*x)...

and so on until it is finished.

Since "t" and "s" have diferent values in each element I want the equation
to use the actual values in each element but leave the "x" unassigned like
so:

q = 20.5817 * exp(22*x) + 62.4573 * exp(58*x)...

I've tried every way to get this to work but it always assumes "x" = 0 and
computes the equation.

Can someone help me?

Jim