Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
gifer gifer is offline

Default Running Macros question

I have some macros, specifically, it calls the refresh function while I am
using Get External Data... and a few others. I know you can put a time in
the Get External Data options to refresh... but I was wondering why my
macros for that workbook will only run when that workbook is active and it
is the only one. If I have another excel file open, and minimize my program
with the macros, the macros won't execute on their own until I maximize that
workbook again. If I open a separate instance of excel and do different work
in that instance, while the one with the macros minimized, then the macros
will run. It is only if I have a second excel workbook open in the same
excel instance that has the workbook with the macros.

I don't know that much about macros and especially declaring them public,
etc.

Any ideas? More details? Let me know. Thanks,

John