Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
helpwithXL helpwithXL is offline

Default named ranges and copying sheets to another workbook

hi all,
I am developing a excel tool and during the developement I need to
move/copy sheets from a earlier version workbook to the latest version
workbook (latest version workbook has new code in it).
I am using named ranges in a sheet called "settings" and value from
these range is used in the macros/VBA code to do a lot of things.
NOw my problem is that when copy sheets from earlier version workbook
to the latest version workbook, I keep getting the message, "A formula
or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name [some name], which
already exists on the destination worksheet. do you want to use name
from destination file and bla-2", when I copy more than one sheet at a
time. but if i copy one sheet at a time to latest version workbook
there's no porblem. and if i say no to this msg, then for every named
cell i need to give a new name and if press yes for all the named
cells, then there's no longer any named cell in the copied sheets!

can someone help?
TIA
amit