ticbol

Strommsarnac,

What is the quick formula? Is that the one by the guy who was not
originally from the US? Is that the one were he got $10.61?

And $13.89?, which should have been $138.89 because it was based from a
$100.

----------------------------
Or, the quick formula is 100 *1.28 = $128 ?
And the long formula is 100*1.38889 = $138.89 ?

-------------------------------------
So, if I have a product I make and want to put in a percentage of

markup (to cover my labor) and then also add a percentage for a rep who

sells the product, but still be competitive in the market....

Quick formula or long formula? <

Is that applicable here?
Or, are the "quick" or "long" formulas mentioned above applicable to
your marketing?

The "long" formula is to get back the price you want, even after tax.

.....but still be competitive...
Looks like you have a different wish here. I'd say, to be less
complicated, just use the "quick" formula.
Regarding the analyzed $10-stuff, the $9.97 is surely more competitive
than the $10----both after tax.

--
submissions: post to k12.ed.math or e-mail to
private e-mail to the k12.ed.math moderator:

newsgroup website:
http://www.thinkspot.net/k12math/