Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CyndyG CyndyG is offline

Default Filesystemobject Help

me.txtFileNameDate will end of looking like this afet the user key in the
month and date on the userform....TapeCompar0515 ,that will go in the Tape
Tracking folder. Here is that procedure :
Private Sub cmdSaveFileName_Click()
Dim wkb As Excel.Workbook
Set wkb = Excel.ActiveWorkbook
'strWork = Right(wkb.Name, 17)
If Left(wkb.Name, 11) = "TapeCompare" And IsNumeric(Mid(wkb.Name, 12, 4))
And Len(wkb.Name) = 19 Then
wkb.Save
Else
Load FileNameAndDate
FileNameAndDate!txtFileNameDate.SelStart = 0
FileNameAndDate!txtFileNameDate.SelLength =
Len(FileNameAndDate.txtFileNameDate)
FileNameAndDate.Show
End If

Set wkb = Nothing

End Sub
"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

What does me.TextFileNameDate look like?

Tom Ogilvy

"CyndyG" wrote in message
I am trying to add files to a folder that already exist,which was working
fine until I found out the the folder name was not TAPECOMPARE,but is Tape
Tracking 05-2005. I have coded strFolder = Left(strfile, Len(strFile
-2),which will remove the date portion of the folder to only show the

month.
Now how do I get the month,dash and year to all show up for that folder.

Will
I have to hardcode the year in when it changes. The code I am using is

listed
below:

Private Sub cmdDone_Click()
Const cstrpath As String = "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My

Documents\"
Dim fso As Scripting.FileSystemObject
Dim fld As Scripting.Folder
Dim strFile As String
Dim strDate As String
Dim strFolder As String
Dim wkb As Excel.Workbook

strFile = "TapeCompare"
strFile = strFile & Replace(Me.txtFileNameDate, " ", "")
strFolder = Left(strFile, Len(strFile) - 2)
Set fso = New Scripting.FileSystemObject
If Not fso.FolderExists(cstrpath & strFolder) Then
MkDir (cstrpath & strFolder)
End If
Set wkb = Excel.ActiveWorkbook
wkb.SaveAs cstrpath & strFolder & "\" & strFile & ".xls"
MsgBox "file has been Saved As: " & wkb.Name & "In Folder" & cstrpath &
strFolder
Set wkb = Nothing
Unload Me

End Sub