Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Duke Carey Duke Carey is offline

Default How do I perform a function based on certain criteria?

SMK -

Your description is *still* rather ambiguous & vague, but nothing that
you've described sounds as though it needs VBA. Sounds more as though you
need to look into Pivot Tables for the data.

"SMKDonde" wrote:

I didn't have any room to type anymore when I entered it. Here's the deal.
I have a file with monthly worksheets that contain several columns of
information. Basically what I want to do is take several of the columns (1
at a time) and perform functions such as sum; countif; avg; etc. based on
certain criteria in a column (ie: new or used; salesperson; model; etc.). I
know that excel can do this ... I've just never done any programming and I
need to learn how. Thanks for any input you can give.

"David" wrote:

Hi,
I think you will have to be a little more specific.

"SMKDonde" wrote:

I have monthly worksheets containing several columns of information. I would
like to perform different functions and calculation