Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DaveJ DaveJ is offline

Default Copying formulas between workbooks - help needed

I have two workbooks with the same set of identical sheets. One is a master
template, the other is a version of the master with real data in it (the
slave). I want to change some formulas in one sheet in the master & when I'm
happy they work overlay them into the equivalent sheet in the slave so they
act upon the data in there.

The formulas I want to change contain references to cells in other sheets in
the workbook (e.g. =Sheet1!G$70...). My problem is that when I copy the
formulas from the master to the slave it precedes them with the workbook name
of the master (e.g. ='[Master.xls]Sheet1!G$70...) which I don't want it to
do, I just want it to retain its reference to Sheet1 so that it references
that same sheet in the slave. Is there a way of doing this? I have tried
copying/pasting the formulas and moving/copying the entire sheet but get the
same result either way.

I have a similar issue with a Form button when I copy the entire sheet. When
copied from Mater to Slave the assigned macro refers back to the master. The
same macro exists in the slave and I want it to refer to that. Again, is this
possible?

Dave J