Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_3_] Jim Thomlinson[_3_] is offline

Default Excel 2003 macros don't work in Excel 2000

Like I said. Stupid. That is what I meant by compile. That means that your
syntax is all correct. What methods/properties are breaking down for what
objects?

"Dr Rubick" wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by compiling it. After reading your question I
hit "Debug - Compile VBA Project", and everything worked fine. As for the
references, these macros do not refer to anything outside the workbook, so I
don't know how a reference could be valid in Excel 2003 and invalid in Excel
2000.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Stupid question but... Does the code compile under 2000? Are all of the
references valid?

"Dr Rubick" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with macros that works in Excel 2003 but not in Excel
2000. In each case, Excel 2000 crashes with a failure in an object's
property or method. I know this sounds like an early-binding problem, but a
few things about it don't add up. First, I don't use any inter-application
automation, it's all Excel. Secondly, I've written many excel macros with
extensive use of early bound objects, and everything else works fine on the
Excel 2000 computers in my office - only this one workbook has the problem.

When a copy of the workbook is opened in Excel 2000, it seems to get
progressively more corrupt as it is used. Object references which work fine
the first time you run the macro can give a "Method '{method name}' of object
'{object type}' failed." error the next. In a few cases, I've even seen this
problem on objects declared as generic "Object" types. Any ideas as to what
my problem is?