Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff Wright[_2_] Jeff Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Can't read optionbutton values

Thanks, Jim! This did the trick. Your help is truly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Jeff Wright

"Jim Cone" wrote in message
Jeff,

Needs "Object"...

Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, 1).Value = _
Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects("OptionButton" &i).Object.Value

Also, unless the buttons are separated into groups,
there can only be one option button with a value of True.
All others are false when any one is True.

Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Jeff Wright" wrote in message
Hello all,

I'm trying to read the boolean value of 50 option buttons into column A
of a
worksheet so that column A will be, for example
TRUE
FALSE
TRUE
TRUE
. . . . etc. The following routine does not work, but I don't know why
(I
get a runtime error 438):

Sub test()
For i = 1 To 50
Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(i, 1) = Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects
_("Optionbutton" & i).Value
Next i
End Sub

Later on, I'll want to read the boolean values in column a to change the
value properties of option buttons 1 through 50.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

Jeff