James

Default Using COUNTIF for a word that is joined by another word in same ce

To make it easy, I am trying to count the number of times the name "Bob"
appears in a range of cells. Most of the time, "Bob" is the only name in the
cell, so COUNTIF would work. However, sometimes there will be 2 names in the
same cell, like this: "Joe/Bob." What kind of formula can I use to count the
number of times "Bob" appears in a range of cells, including the times there
are 2 names in the same cell? With the COUNTIF function, it is only counting
the number of times "Bob" appears alone in a cell within the range of cells.