Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Joel Mills Joel Mills is offline

Default Help with Pivot Table "BaseItem"

Does anyone know of a way to select the "last" BaseItem in a pivot table. I
used the recorder and got this far.

I have a named range "Database" that uses CountA to determine the last
entry. The data comes from an export. The export will vary, but I will
always want to select the calculation on the pivot table to "PercentOf" and
will want the last entry to be the "BaseItem". Also if someone knows a
cleaner way to write what the recorder produced I would appreciate them
suggesting changes. I added the first line so that I could run the macro
from any worksheet.

I have been working on this project off and on for about a year now and have
gotten good feedback from the group.

Thanks,
Joel

Sub CummulativePivot()

Worksheets("Data").Activate
ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatab ase, SourceData:= _
"Database").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:="",
TableName:="PivotTable1"
ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard TableDestination:=ActiveSheet.Cells(3, 1)
ActiveSheet.Cells(3, 1).Select
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").SmallGrid = False
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").AddFields RowFields:="Data", _
ColumnFields:="Week Ending"
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields ("Target Early" &
Chr(10) & "% Comp.")
.Orientation = xlDataField
.Position = 1
.Calculation = xlPercentOf
.BaseField = "Week Ending"
.BaseItem = "26-Sep-04"
End With
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotFields ("Target Late" &
Chr(10) & "% Comp.")
.Orientation = xlDataField
.Calculation = xlPercentOf
.BaseField = "Week Ending"