Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff Harald Staff is offline

Default Open File

No, very wrong.
GetOpenFilename does just what it says, gets the filename for a file to be
opened. It doesn NOT open the file. The filename is F in my code.

This F is passed to the Open method in the last line, which is where you add
the parameters:

Workbooks.Open F, , True, , "Password"

HTH. best wishes Harald

"PraxisPete" skrev i melding
Thanks NickHK,
I've read that and can see that there are parameters for ReadOnly and
Password, but, as I understand it, the Open Method requires the FileName
which I do not have, the GetOpenFilename does not need the Filename, but
does
not have parameters for ReadOnly and Password. Its like I need a
combination
of both.
Many thanks.