Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default A bit of help with Names, please?

Bingo! I was trying to use the object itself, rather than a property of the
object. Thanks, Tom.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
The default property for a name object is the refers to:

? thisworkbook.Names("Howdy")
=Sheet3!$S$1:$T$7

You code says

debug.print nm

perhaps you are not recognizing it. Try using

debug.print nm.Name, nm.RefersTo

Tom Ogilvy

"Ed" wrote in message
It's the only workbook open. Yes, the names are there.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
Are you sure you're accessing the right workbook?

Do you see the name in the Insert/Names/Define dialog?

In article ,
"Ed" wrote:

Thank you. I had forgotten about RefersToRange. I still don't

understand,
though, why
For Each nm in wkb.Names
Debug.Print nm
Next nm
would not show the Defined Name. Any suggestions?

Ed

"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
If you made your name a worksheet level name (i.e., included the

sheet
name in the "Name in workbook" field:

Sheet1!MyName

(only "MyName" will appear in the Name box, but Insert/Name/Define

will
show the worksheet in the list) then the name contains the sheet
reference and your Left(nm,4) won't pick it up.