Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gregg[_4_] Gregg[_4_] is offline

Default How to reference in sheet module value on another sheet?

Excel 2002 sp1

How can I reference, in a sheet module, a value on another sheet?

Ex. In a sheet module (Sheet1) I have the following code (simplified
for the example):

If Range("ceUserName").Value < "Joe" then
MsgBox "You are not authorized to change this."
Exit Sub

Range("ceUserName").Value - is a value from a range on another sheet
(Sheet1). It is a simple named cell.

My code, here in the sheet module for Sheet 1, will not reference to
that value. I get a 1004 error.

How can I reference, in a sheet module, a value on another sheet?

Thanks for your help,
Gregg