Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dick Kusleika[_4_] Dick Kusleika[_4_] is offline

Default Attension MVP's

Robert Bruce wrote:

Hi Dick.

Actually, it's not meant to be that serious. It's just a comment on
the fact that something (usenet) that has been traditionally been
free (in both the 'free speech' and 'free beer' senses) has started
to be privatised by web forums. This all started for me when a web
site called CyclingForums in the UK started gulping up the whole of
uk.rec.cycling and presenting it for all the world as one of its own
creations including the inevitable cheesy ad banners etc. I seriously
object to the contributions I freely make to many online communities
being co-opted without my permission like this for monetary gain by a
third party. A similar issue exists with the likes of officekb.com
here.

Nothing much I can do about it, of course, except put meaningless
(and, frankly, idle) threats in my sig.

I definitely didn't read it that way until JE pointed it out. In that
light, I like it. To me, it says "I know I can't do anything about it, I
just want you scumbags to know that I know that you are scumbags."

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP