Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim May Jim May is offline

Default Error in Code

Got the amended code in time to take it also...
Jim

"Jim May" wrote in message
Thanks Tom, have made a copy to take with me.
Jim

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
There is nothing specifically wrong with your code. Assuming you have

this
code in the sheet module, I would do this:
if Target.Count 1 then exit sub
On Error goto ErrHandler
Application.EnableEvents = False

If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("F5:F2005")) Is Nothing _
And Target.Offset(0, -3).Value = "Sale of Item" Or
Target.Offset(0, -3).Value = "Shrinkage" Then
if isnumeric(Target) then
Target.Value = abs(Target.Value) * -1
end if
End If
ErrHandler:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

Then run code like this

Sub EventsBackOn()
Applicationl.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

then see if it works. If not, then the next step is to make sure you

have
an exact match with column C values.

Tom Ogilvy

With:

_
And Target.Offset(0, -3).Value = "Sale of Item" Or
Target.Offset(0, -3).Value = "Shrinkage" Then
Target.Value = Target.Value * -1
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

When I select from Col C either Sale of Item or Shrinkage and enter

say
5
in
my Col F my intention (with the code above is to convert the 5 in Cell

F12
(say) to -5.
But that is not happening.
Can someone assist me?