jct

Default Sum & copy color format...?

I have data with cells colored depending on certain criteria (not conditional
formating - this is by human hand). Is there a way to subtotal / group /
outline, or otherwise sum and carry over the cell color to the summarized
line?

It appears that color format in the line directly beneath the summarized
line carries over. What I want is for the summary to look at all cells being
totaled (within the same column) and find if any have a non-white
background... If so, then bring that color to the summarized cell. There will
be only one color within each section, but it may be 4 cells beneath the
summarized line.

I can provide a sample section, if anyone's interested.

Thanks in advance,
jct

PS - Should I post this to another section of the Excel group?? Thx.