Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
spareus spareus is offline

Default Attension MVP's

Sorry,
I could not reply due to weekend. I have noted all the comments/reply.

As noted rightly by David McRitchie, I have no content of my own.
This is surly a collection only. What I have done is to modify the code
to my requirement or some twesting just to understand how it works. I
can not have my contents. Thats just imposible for that to happen, I
must be an expert like you MVPs which is almost impossible. I am not a
programmer. I am a simple office user. When I first saw google NG, I
was facinated by what can be acheived and it just looks like magic.
This has greatly reduced my pain of collecting the data, summarise it,
preparing various reports, and automating most of my reports leaving me
free to learn more and more.

As suggested by many of you, I should remove the files and put
discriptions and link to original files, it will be huge time consuming
job. (due to fact that I have to find out the link which may or may not
be possible.

Pl give me some time. I will put links and discription as suggested
wherever I find it. If I could not trace the original link, I will
surely remove the file itself. Once that is done, I think I will be out
of all such copyright problems.

Thank you very for your valuable comments and response.

I will still approach you for any of my problems with a hope that you
will still help me out.

Regards,

David McRitchie wrote:
So far it looks like you have no content of your own, even the links

page which would be
the easiest for you to create are lines ripped off from

http://www.mvps.org/links.html
pasted directly into Front Page from a Front Page page. That's why

the links
look exactly alike.

International copyright laws are pretty much the same throughout most

of the world,

Hosting sites do not permit you to break the law; otherwise, they

themselves
would be held accountable, but they would certainly shut you down if

they examined
your site or received a complaint and then looked at your site..
http://info.lycos.com/legal/legal.asp#Infringement

HTH,

"Stephen Bullen" wrote in message

As seems to be the consensus, anything you create based on answers

in the
newsgroups is fine for you to post on your set.

However, the same can not be said for anything you read or download

from a
web site. Instead of copying the items to your site, you should

show a simple
description of the code/utility and provide a link to the author's

site,
where the details can be viewed and the file can be downloaded.

To that end, please remove from your site all the files you

downloaded from
my site (www.oaltd.co.uk or www.bmsltd.ie) and replace them with

descriptions
and links.

Thanks

Stephen Bullen

"spareus" wrote:

I have collected lot of code samples and few files from this news

group
as well as MVP's sites. Many a times I have modifies the code to

suit
my requirements. I do not have a single book or never attended

any
classes to learn excel or VBA. I have learnt a great deal from

this NG
as well as googling the net about excel and VBA.

My friends are now many times consulting me for their problems in

excel
or vba (Although I still consideer my self as novice or at the

most
intermidiate level). They insist me to put my small collection on

web
for referance by them. Since most of the code is from this NG and
individual MVP's sites, I fill it necessary to ask you if I can

do
that.
I have put some files on net (with free web hosting services

offered by
Tripod)
URL is http://xlvba1.tripod.com/

Since I am not aware of the cyber laws, I request you, in case if

you
feel that anything is wrong, pl let me know and I will remove the

same
from site.

Regards,