Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] mal.barnes@aibptyltd.com.au is offline

Default VLOOKUP

I have noticed that my "slave" file, containing a VLOOKUP formula, is
unable to pull across the entire contents of a cell from the "Master"
file when the "Master" file is unopened; it works OK when both "Master"
and "Slave" are open. The "Slave" file is "shared" and I really do not
want others to have the "Master" file open on their PCs. Is there any
way of overcoming what appears to be a maximum limit on the amount of
characters that can be transferred from an unopened file to an opened
file? By trial and error it would seem that the maximum number of
characters that can be transferred is about 250-260. Regards Mal.