Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Excel Returns Blank

Hi Tom,

Does this code get copied into the "Visual Basic Editor" area of Excel?

Thanks

Jeff

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

There is sample code in the thread to which I posted a link. Perhaps you
should look at that. Otherwise, I guess I don't know what you are doing.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jeff" wrote in message
Thanks Tom for the post. I'm still at a lost to know how to add the
connection string:
Setting "IMEX=1" in the Extended Properties section of the
connection string.

Where do I add these statements? I'm sorry but I'm a complete amateur at
this and would be grateful for an idiot guide.

Thanks

"Jeff" wrote:

I'm trying to import data from several Excel files into one single

workbook
but having a problem with blank cells. I now understand this is due to

mixed
data types.

I 've updated my registry key to Zero "TypeGuessRows" What I don't
understand is the connection string which needs the following statement
adding "IMEX=1" please can someone give me an idots guide how I go about

this!

Where / how do I add the statement, is it within Excel ?

Thanks in advance.