Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ernst Guckel[_4_] Ernst Guckel[_4_] is offline

Default Global Variables

Thanks. Seems to work...

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Ernst

Declare the variable using the Public keyword in a standard module, not the
ThisWorkbook class module. It will then be available to the entire project

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Ernst Guckel" wrote in message
Hello,

Maybe I just don't get it but I seem to be having a bit of trouble with
my
global variables. Proc. level variables are simple. Module level
variables
are available to the module that they are declared in. Where and how do I
declare a global variable? I put:

Public gsFile As String in 'ThisWorkbook' module and in Auto_Open I put:

gsFile = Thisworkbook.Path & DB_FILE

The problem is that the variable looses its value once the sub routine
ends... How do I use the variable and retain its value while the workbook
is
open?

Ernst.