Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JE McGimpsey JE McGimpsey is offline

Default Basic question - modules and class modules - what's the difference?

Personally, I'd stick with deko's analysis, since he said "most people".

I'd guess that the fraction of users of XL that have ever used a
non-standard object is less than 1%, and the fraction who've actually
created a "business function object" infinitesimally smaller.

The overwhelming majority of workbooks in the wild don't even contain a
*formula*!

In article ,
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Excel provides all the
objects most people need, so rarely will you need to create you own class
modules.

That's not true Deko. Excel provides most of the Excel objects, methods and
properties that we need (not all!), but they provide not business function
objects, so we need to create those. Class modules are ideal for that.