Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default reducing a fraction

format the cell as up to 2 digits under the Fractions portion of the number
format tab. Just be aware that excel will "round" it to meet the two
digits. The rounding is only for display purposes - it will retain its
decimal value.

Tom Ogilvy

"GreenMonster" wrote in message
Is there a functions that will reduce a fraction in a cell?

I'm running a macro that returns whole numbers and fractions as it's end
result. Sometimes the fractions are in 1/16's other times the fraction is
in 1/8's and 1/4's. I need the fraction that is being returned to always

be
reduced.

Right now if I format the value of the cell to be a fraction in sixteenths
and the returned value from the macro is 22 5/8 the cell reads 22 10/16.

And if I format the value of the cell to be a fraction in eighths and the
returned value from the macro is 22 5/16 the cell reads 22 3/8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.