Chip Pearson

This is a known (but unacknowledged by MS) bug. Try clicking the
mouse wheel a few times (if your mouse has a wheel), or if you
have a USB mouse, unplugging and replugging the mouse.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Perhaps I have done something inadvertently.

I am in an Excel workbook and I appear to be in the middle of
selecting
a block of cells. Everytime I move the cursor, the cell
selection area
changes. I can't Esc out, or use the Enter key. Mousing over
the
menu, the menu does not respond.

Rather silly really, but I desperately need to use this
workbook and
nothing seems to function. Even when the cursor is moving over
the
menu items, the cells selected in the workbook area still seems
to be
changing. I can't use the menu - the arrow keys don't work.

Does anyone know how to "get out" of whatever selection process
is
operating. (And can you tell me what I might have done to get
into
this so I don't do it again?)

Thanks,

Stephanie.