Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Howard Kaikow Howard Kaikow is offline

Default Preventing VBA editor from Popping up

the code is very sensitive to how it is used.

your first step should be to use my code as is and insert your Excel VBA.

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
"jjk" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Howard,

That is a very interesting example. I learnt a lot from it.
However, I am still facing the same problem.

I guess the instant that
'ActiveWorkbook.VBProject.VBComponents(ActiveSheet .Name).CodeModule' is
modified the VBE pops up.
I have an existing workbook and I am trying to add code to it. I am not
trying to create a new one.

I have attached a more complete code for your reference

Dim cel As Range
Dim obj As OLEObject
Set cel = ActiveCell
Set obj = ActiveSheet.OLEObjects.Add(classtype:="Forms.Combo Box.1",
Top:=cel.Top, Left:=cel.Left, Width:=cel.MergeArea.Width + 3,
Height:=cel.MergeArea.Height + 3)

With ActiveWorkbook.VBProject
With .VBComponents(ActiveSheet.Name).CodeModule
codeStart = .CreateEventProc("Change", obj.Name)
.InsertLines codeStart + 1, "msgbox " & obj.Name &
".Object.value" & vbCrLf & "msgbox """ & obj.Name & """"
End With
.VBE.MainWindow.Visible = False
End With

Thanks,