Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Bancroft[_3_] Jim Bancroft[_3_] is offline

Default How to compare one column to another?

Hi,

Unfortunately the columns don't have the same number of rows. What's more,
some entries in column A aren't in column B, and vice versa.

"Alok" wrote in message
Hello

If your list in column A is from A1 to say A6 and list in B is from B1:B6
then enter the following in C1 and copy it down to C6

=IF(COUNTIF($B$1:$B$6,A1)0,"",A1)

Alok

"Jim Bancroft" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I have two columns of strings, both in ascending order. Similar lists
but
not identical. Are there macros or other steps I can take to compare
column
A with column B, so that all entries in A that aren't in B wind up in
column
C? Thanks!