Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default Workbook Switching Strategy

That would be great - thanks very much

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
Nigel,

It would be simple and you could put the code in Personal.xls or an

add-in,
so that it fires and checks the status when Excel opens normally.

Want me to knock you up a simple add-in that does it (you do know about
installing add-ins I presume)?

--

HTH

RP

"Nigel" wrote in message
Bob, thanks for the tip. The problem is not with my application, that
restores itself, the issue is with opening XL 'normally' so unless the I
store some code that will always run I am a bit snookered! Suppose it

code
be in the XL start up directory, but the macro security might get in the
way? I had thought of using the registry but I think that might be

even
more difficult?

--
Cheers
Nigel

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

"Nigel" wrote in message
I still have a potential problem(?) with the CommandBars

collection -
actually disable all standard xl menus, command bars and popups.
Re-enabliing these on the way out - is this status stored in the

XLB?
If
it
is then a power loss or other system crash will result in a user

interface
corruption.

You could save the details to a text file, and the next time the

workbook
is
opened, check if the text file exists, if so, open, read, and restore

the
commandbars.