Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Linked Cell Updating

It works because you edited the cell. Change the source value, select the
cell, do F2, hit enter (make no changes) and it should update as well
without the $ signs.

To the best of my knowledge, if you have calculation set to automatic, it
should update when you change the value of the source cell.

Tom Ogilvy

"Phil Hageman" wrote in message
I have a cell with a link formula (='Task 7'!E8 ) that doesn't update

when
data changes in the source cell. When I add a dollar sign (='Task

7'!$E$8)
the link update works. Why is this? Is there something out there I can

read
on this?

Thanks,
Phil