Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Nick Nick is offline

Default Personal file slows navigation

Ecel automatocally creates a personal file in the Excel start up directory.
Store all of your macros in here and as it is hidden it wont appear as an
open file.

Nick

"snax500" wrote in message
ups.com...
In Excel2000, I always have "Personal" file I keep open that contains
many macros that I use frequently. The problem is that when I navigate
through files ( I use Ctrl-Tab) I get stuck on this file and it takes
up to 30 seconds for it to recover. If I don't have this file open, I
can navigate through the files with no wait. What can I do to speed
this up?

Thanks