Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Template questions

Stuart,
In case you did not noticed it, but Dave's advice says "inside Word". Excel does not have this setting, but reads from the Office setting.

NickHK

On Tue, 3 May 2005 20:36:02 +0100, "Stuart" wrote:

Thanks.
Ok did that, then restarted Excel.
Clicked FileNew and in the New Workbook pane
there was an entry for TemplatesOn my computer.
My file was listed there.

Was that as you intended........sorry, bit confused about this.
Regards.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Why not just change the workgroup template location to point at that nice
common
location?

Inside MSWord(!).
Tools|options|File Locations tab|
Workgroup templates

Stuart wrote:

I wish to distribute a template over a network, and the best method I've
seen described is to place the file on the
Server in a network folder, to which all the relevant users
have access.
I believe the next step is to run a batch file (which should
be located in each user's XLStart folder) to fetch a copy of the template
their local drive, each time they start Excel.

Q1. What might that batch file look like?
Q2. Where does the template copy get stored?

Regards.

--

Dave Peterson