Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KR KR is offline

Default Using wildcard in VBA comparison? need a hint please.

I have three comboboxes on a worksheet that I pull values from. Each one has
a value of "All", followed by a list of items:

List 1:
All
Dog
Cat
Horse
etc.

I set a variable equal to each of the three combobox values (V1 ="Dog", V2 =
"Blue", V3 = "Pizza")

Now I need to loop through lines in a worksheet and check to see when
columns A, C, and D are equal to the individual info from the three
comboboxes. This is easy when I have specific values to match ("Dog") but
when I try to code for the "All" category I end up with a whole boatload of
embedded loops that end up confusing me and not working properly.

Essentially my original code looked something like:

If MyRange1 = V1 then
If MyRange2 = V2 then
If MyRange3 = V3 then
'do stuff
End if
End if
End if

If any selection is "All" I want to just skip that 'If' and keep going to
the next embedded if, rather than skipping over the whole section of code. I
looked at wildcards, but "Dog" isn't the same as "*", so that didn't work as
I'd hoped.

What would be the best approach to accept any MyRange value when my
comparison is "All"?

Many thanks in advance,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my