Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FuadsCurse FuadsCurse is offline

Default Referencing Dropdown Menu in macro

Hello

I believe I need to find out how to reference individual items within a
dropdown menu box in a macro.

I have a dropdown menu box in a workbook that lists several 'scenario' names
for a project analysis. The workbook uses the scenario name in multiple IF
statements that change the overall outcome of the analysis. I've set things
up this way in order to avoid multiple workbooks. I can just trip the switch
and my analysis changes. However, I'd like to save the scenario results to a
summary page. I can't just link to the results as they change each time I
change the scenario. I recorded a macro to run the analysis, copy the
results data to the summary page, change the scenario, run the analysis again
and copy again, and so on and so on. However, I'm having difficulty
referencing the scenario names in my macro. When I run the macro, it copies
the same data for all scenarios - that is, its not changing the scenario like
I thought it would. In reviewing the code, it appears their is a reference
to the cell the dropdown menu box is in, but no detail showing the selection
I chose. I need to know how to reference each individual item in the
dropdown box I guess. Is this possible? Please pardon me if this is a
stupid question.