Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Mike is offline

Default CharacterLimit

thanks for your help
--
mike

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Mike,

Actually, that limitation only apples when you copy an entire sheet. Any
code to copy and paste cells or cell ranges should take the whole cell, up
to the limit of a cell's capacity, 32K characters or so. For example:

Range("B2").Copy Range("B8")

Works without any string size limit.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"mike" wrote in message
I know this question has been asked before. If I am copying a cell that

has
more than 255 characters into a another cell, the copied section is

truncated.
Is there any way to insert into a macro program to copy a entire cell
contents into another cell without truncating.

thanks for any help
--
mike