Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
THT THT is offline

Default Tracking changed cells in two identical worksheets

Thank you so much, it works perfectly!

"Toppers" wrote:

Hi,
Try this (on test files!):

Sub FundandCopy()
'
' Replace rows in Sheet1 with corresponding rows in Sheet2
' Assumes unique values e.g names, in each sheet
'
Dim ws1 As Worksheet, ws2 As Worksheet
Dim i As Long, ilastrow1 As Long, ilastrow2 As Long
Dim FindValue As String

Set ws1 = Worksheets("sheet1") ' Master sheet
Set ws2 = Worksheets("sheet2") ' Updates sheet

ilastrow1 = ws1.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row ' Assumes name in
Column A
ilastrow2 = ws2.Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row

For i = 2 To ilastrow2 ' Loop through names in sheet2 (row 1 = header)

FindValue = ws2.Cells(i, 1) ' e.g Name

With ws1.Range("a2:a" & ilastrow1) ' find match on name in Sheet1
Set c = .Find(FindValue, LookIn:=xlValues, lookat:=xlWhole)
If Not c Is Nothing Then ' Copy from sheet 2 to sheet 1
ws2.Rows(i).EntireRow.Copy Destination:=ws1.Cells(c.Row, 1)
Else
MsgBox "Name " & FindValue & " not found"
End If
End With

Next i

Set ws1 = Nothing
Set ws2 = Nothing

End Sub

"THT" wrote:

Hi,

I have two worksheets with the same columns. File 1 is my master sheet with
all my rows of data, while File 2 contains only specific rows in File 1. For
example,

File 1 (1000 rows)
Name... City... Age... Group

File 2 (20 of the 1000 rows)
Name... City... Age... Group

File 2 has the most up-to-date data for the 20 of the 1000 rows. Can I
update the data from File 2 into File 1 (for changed cells only) by using a
macro?

I'm not too familiar with VBA code.

Thanks in advance for your help!