Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UDF Name Reverts to Lower Case

I didn't look at your code, but I did search google for the function name
changing case and got a few hits. Here are a couple:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?th...%40tkmsftngp05
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...30e0415b856151
(one line in your browser)

And this worked for me in simple testing.

I created a UDF in a workbook (not an xla).

Option Explicit
Function XYZ1(str As String) As String
XYZ1 = "hi"
End Function

When I used this UDF in a cell, it converted to lower case.

I did this with an empty cell selected.
insert|name|Define
XYZ1
(all upper case)

My cell formulas that had that UDF changed to #ref! errors.

Then I deleted the name.
insert|name|define|select XYZ1 and hit the delete key.

My #ref! errors evaluated correctly and when I selected that cell, the UDF was
upper case.

Maybe it'll work for you.

silver23 wrote:

In XYZ.xla, I have seven functions named XYZ1 through XYZ7.

XYZ1 through XYZ6 execute successfully and return expected results. They
also display in the Excel cell as Upper Case; regardless of whether they're
keyed-in as lower or upper case.

XYZ7, also, executes successfully and returns the expected result. However,
whether keyed-in in lower or upper case, it displays in its cell as "xyz7"
instead of "XYZ7". What might cause this reversion to lower case of a UDF
name?

--

Dave Peterson