Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] jtfreed@email.uncc.edu is offline

Default IF THEN ELSEIF - newbie needs help

Hi all

I am trying to learn as I go and desperately hoping someone can help
me...First I will explain what I want the program to do, then I will
paste my code....(which is not working : ))

What I want is this: If Cell A2 contains the value 2, and cell e5 is
null, then cell A15 should contain nothing.

But...if cell a2 contains 2 and cell e5 is greater than 84999 or less
than 12000, cell A15 should display "Error"

This will go on for about 4 or 5 cells (e6, e7, e8, etc.) The first
part of it is ok, I am having trouble with the ElseIf. Everytime I
think I get it (and I have looked at some samples on the web), it is
not right and I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong. Would
appreciate anyone helping...I think I should say that I would not ever
consider asking anyone to write code for me...i know the value of that
knowledge...but I am trying to teach myself and just would like some
guidance....Thanks!

This is my code:

Sub Test2()
If Range("a1") = 2 Then
If Range("e5") = "" Then Range("a15") = ""
ElseIf Range("e5") 849999 Then Range("a15") = "Error"
Else: Range("a15") = ""
End If
ElseIf Range("e5") < 120000 Then Range("a15") = "Error"
Else: Range("a15") = ""