Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Walt[_3_] Walt[_3_] is offline

Default Sheets added by VBA invalidates digitally signed VBA project

Hi Dean,

For some additional, recent discussion about this issue, check the
following URL:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...ada9ab7856b54c

Best Regards,
Walt

Dick Kusleika wrote:
Dean

I've had that same problem but it wasn't related to adding or

removing
sheets. Actually, I never did determine what the real cause was, but

it
happend to a lot of similar workbooks at the same time.

By putting your code in add-in, you lose some of the portability of

the
workbook, i.e., you have to distribute two workbooks instead of one.

But
you gain in that you elimate this problem. So that's the trade off,

and I
decided, for me, to put the code in an add-in even if it only related

to one
workbook.

--
Dick Kusleika
Excel MVP

Dean J. wrote:
version: Excel 2003 Pro.

Changing a VBA project invalidates the digital signature if it's
signed.
How can VBA code add/remove sheets without invalidating the

signature?
There's another thread in this group ("Digital signature being
dropped") dated 1/6/2005 about the same problem, but with no reply.

The only way that works is an Excel add-in. I don't know why that
doesn't invalidate the signature. I don't want to use an add-in
because my code is specific to this 1 particular workbook, not
*every* Excel workbook.

Keep in mind, to test this you have to try it on a computer that
doesn't have the signature's private key, since saving the workbook
on the computer with the private key simply re-signs the VBA

project
when it becomes invalid.

Please help. Thanks.